Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Whoops!

So....about that whole 'writing every day' thing....

I know I have a huge viewing audience of 20 (when I force my friends to look at this), but I let down on a few of the things I wanted to do at the time I wrote my last few posts.

Let's review:

I wanted to be 'the man'. Guess what? I'm working on it still. I don't think it's something that just happens one day and that's a good thing. I feel like the past six months back as an FTE have been pretty solid. We've taken leaps and bounds in getting our clients taken care of and I'd like to think that I help to push that along. I've done some pretty cool projects with the big car companies and done them on time. We're pushing towards releasing a new version of one of our main products; hopefully releasing some time in February. Still haven't really gotten the down time to push new processes, but that's on its way. I've done some prelim leg work around getting better source control. Unfortunately, for anyone who works in FoxPro, you probably know it's going to be a tough battle. The options just aren't there for the VFP folks (unless you like SourceSafe). I'll be sure to update everyone on how it's going.

As for finishing more stuff: it's a work-in-progress. I've got a few projects on the burners (as always) but these MUST come to fruition. I have no other option but to make more money. But, this is almost by design on my part. I've moved from the Island back into town and rented out a pretty amazing historic home in Downtown Mobile. However, it happens to be more than I really wanted to spend per month on living. If it weren't so damned beautiful and such a great location, then I wouldn't have budged on the budget. But it is, so I did. Come stop by and be in awe.

Right now, I'm working on a Blackberry app that is in the hunting niche. Yes, you read that correctly. Hunting on the Blackberry. It's not a game; it's going to help bring new technology to an old world necessity. Quite a romantic feel to it, don't you think?

I'm also trying out the Internet marketing. I've spent years on different forms of social media. I'd have to say it started with my obsession with gopher as a kid. Then we moved to AOL (because A/S/L may have been the coolest pickup line ever). And skip forward a decade and we have twitter/facebook/delicious/digg/blah/blah/blah. I'm going to take my background studies in psychology and learn some more about marketing, blend it with the technology and see what comes out. From the looks of things in the Internet, I could start making 10K a day! Wow!

wait....no? damn. How about 100 bucks a month? Yes??? Great!

I think that's all I need to write about tonite. There will be more soon. I missed you blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to comment.....just do it.